Saturday, February 1, 2014

1 Feb

Isaiah 1:14-17 NASB
"I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts, They have become a burden to Me; I am weary of bearing them. "So when you spread out your hands in prayer,  I will hide My eyes from you; Yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are covered with blood. "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil, Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.

the Lord hates our religiosity. it is a burden to Him and He will hide His face from us even when we pray religiously. we must practice bring true disciples of Christ by cleansing ourselves from sin, stop going against His ways and start living out a life of love for people. especially those who are disadvantaged or marginalised. am I truly living out a life of love that I preach? may the Lord open my eyes to those in need around me and seek justice by standing up for what is right and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment