Tuesday, January 7, 2014

7 Jan

Hebrews 4:2, 11 NASB
For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard... Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

the word did not profit them as it was not received together with faith and they did not receive the rest promised due to disobedience. so receiving the word in faith must be paired with obedience for us to enter into the victory that Jesus has already won on the cross. true faith comes with total obedience if not its disobedience. so I must not doubt God's word and follow all His commands and the words He spoke. I must not let sin and laziness seep onto my life and accept it but know that I am called to be holy!

No comments:

Post a Comment